Job Opening: Front End Developer
Part-time and Contract
Who is Bluespark?
Bluespark is a professional community first and a digital experience agency second. We are experts committed to delivering high quality results to all of our clients.
Where will you work?
Bluespark is a distributed company. That’s just a fancy way of saying that you can work from anywhere. The only requirement is that you be available for our standard working hours of 9 AM - 12 PM Central U.S. Time (time zone calculator). Most people work from home—wherever that may be—occasionally traveling to client sites, conferences, or trainings. The majority of our clients are based in the U.S.
Who should apply?
People who want to make a difference in the organization they work. People who are interested in building a company that’s bigger than the four walls of a building -- a company that spans the globe and believes that its people are at the core of the value we add to the world. People who want to contribute to their team and the open source community. People who embody curiosity, awareness, resoluteness, and empathy -- who are flexible, proactive, and driven.
If this excites you, keep reading.
- Providing technical insight to strategists and designers in the early stages of the project.
- Advising clients and others on technical implementation.
- Creating software interfaces that our clients and their customers love.
- Testing and developing cross-browser & cross-device compatible UIs.
- Squashing bugs.
- Perpetually curious
- Excellent communication habits
- Superior client service skills
- Professional and disciplined remote collaboration
- An excellent sense of humor
- BONUS: Interest in writing blog posts and books; interest in speaking at conferences
We are primarily a Drupal-based development shop. Experience with Drupal is a necessity, and knowledge of the Drupal 7 and 8 theme layer is required.
- Responsive design and development
- Front end development best practices
- Front end web performance optimization
- HTML and template languages (PHPtemplate & Twig)
- Advanced CSS and post/preprocessors (SASS, Autoprefixer, Webfonts, etc)
- BONUS: iOS and Android application / UI development
- Frontend stack & automation tooling (npm, grunt, gulp, webpack)
- Accessibility standards and practices
- Modern SEO techniques
- Visual design principles
- User Experience principles
To apply, send your resume, sample work, and sample code to firstname.lastname@example.org.