Job Opening: Project Manager
Bluespark, LLC is looking for a tech lead or senior developer to help us build Drupal websites that our clients and their customers will love.
Full-time or Contract
Who is Bluespark?
Bluespark is a professional community first and a digital experience agency second. We are experts committed to delivering high quality results to all of our clients.
Where will you work?
Bluespark is a distributed company. That’s just a fancy way of saying that you can work from anywhere. The only requirement is that you be available for our standard working hours of 9 AM - 12 PM Central U.S. Time (time zone calculator). Most people work from home—wherever that may be—occasionally traveling to client sites, conferences, or trainings. The majority of our clients are based in the U.S.
Who should apply?
People who want to make a difference in the organization they work for. People who are interested in building a company that’s bigger than the four walls of a building -- a company that spans the globe and believes that its people are at the core of the value we add to the world. People who want to contribute to their team and the open source community. People who embody curiosity, awareness, resoluteness, and empathy -- who are flexible, proactive, and driven.
- Creating software that our clients and their customers love.
- Getting clients to envision the possibilities the Internet holds for their business
- Scaling the vision to the budget
- Coaching team on methodologies and documentation
- Research. Technical Planning.
- Contributing to open source projects.
- Squashing bugs.
- Providing technical insight to strategists and designers in the early stages of the project.
- Advising clients and others on technical implementation details of a project.
- Interpreting project requirements.
- Working with other developers to create project estimates.
- Collaborating with developers and other roles.
- Perpetually curious, always learning
- Excellent communication habits
- Well-spoken, critical thinker
- Opinionated, but open to being wrong
- Superior client service skills
- Professional and disciplined remote collaboration
- An excellent sense of humor
- Contributes to open source, with high-quality examples
- BONUS: Interested in writing blog posts and books; interest in speaking at conferences
- Software design
- Drupal site building techniques
- Drupal 8 APIs and Plugins system
- Front-end frameworks, and api endpoint integrations
- iOS and Android application development
- Responsive design and development
- Site audits
- Performance troubleshooting
- Remote working
- BONUS: PHP OOP / Symfony
Compensation & Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance. We cover 100% of your health insurance and 25% of your family insurance.
- Work from anywhere. Travel around the world or work from the comfort of your home. You just need a stable Internet connection.
- Flexible schedule. Our schedules are pretty flexible. Need to run an errand in the middle of the day? Totally cool. We have people who put in their eight hours in a single shot. Others who break it up throughout the day.
- Reasonable schedules. It’s sad that we even need to list this as a benefit. But we don’t expect more than 40 hours of work in a week. We don’t do “crunch times” during projects.
- Autonomy. A big part of working at Bluespark is being part of a community of expert practitioners. People who actually enjoy what they're doing. Because of that, we actively nurture a culture of connected autonomy—that is, you are the expert and we trust your expertise. We have systems, methods, processes, and best practices, but these are there to help you do your job better—not be yoke that hold you back from doing great work. As such, break the rules, go off script—and tell us what you learned and what we, as a company, can do to improve.
- Salary commensurate with location, role, and experience.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.