What began 40 years ago with a collection of ties has grown into an entire world, redefining American style. Ralph Lauren has always stood for providing quality products, creating worlds and inviting people to take part in their dream. They were the innovators of lifestyle advertisements that tell a story and the first to create stories that encourage customers to participate in that lifestyle.
RalphLauren.com takes this participation to a new level as a rich and exciting interactive destination. When you're transported into the world of Ralph Lauren online, you can shop for great products for yourself and your home, learn about adventure, style and culture in RL Magazine and on RL TV, find one-of-a-kind vintage pieces and exquisite gifts, and much, much more.
Fashion is a tough business. It takes a lot to build brand loyalty with consumers. Our creative director Rusty Segars kept consumers engaged and connected to the classic Lauren style with several design-intensive projects for RalphLauren.com, including:
- A redesign and rebuild of the Ralph Lauren International site.
- A Flash site for the fragrance Ralph Wild in partnership with L'Oreal as well as a smaller version of the site for Facebook.
- A promotional site/electronic press kit (epk) in Flash for Ralph Lauren Golf featuring their sponsorship of the US Open and individual golfers.
- Promotional graphics for their sponsorship of the 2008 Olympics.
- Elements for ralphlauren.com landing pages and online store, as well as shopping cart UI elements, footer and graphics.
- Updates to sites and ads for Chaps and American Living.
Even when you're creating a timeless style, fashion moves fast. Segars launched daily email campaigns targeting multiple demographics and divisions of the company, including Factory Store, Ralph Lauren Home, Black Label, Blue Label, Purple Label, RLX, Collection, and many others. He also helped Ralph Lauren keeps its look fresh and prominent with redesigns and updates to the Ralph Lauren home page and landing pages, and dozens of banner ads for various promotions such as fragrances, watches, a television special on Ralph's car collection, the company's 40th anniversary, among many others.
Fashion shows required all-night sprints, and Segars worked with the RL team to fire off images and designs as fashion shows were in progress so all of the new content and coverage of the events would be live right away.
And all this on top of a comprehensive Flash design of the Ralph Lauren Rugby site – take a look!