I recently had a need at work to do some cleanup of a taxonomy vocabulary. The problem stemmed from messy data in a spreadsheet, that would be the source for an ongoing feeds import. This meant that I needed to provide a solution that allowed the clients to:
Posts on the topic of Drupal Planet
Bluespark took on a new challenge recently. In addition to working towards making Drupal a great platform for travel and building sites for some rather cool organisations, we are also further developing a recently-acquired online media brand entirely in-house. It happens to cover one one of our favorite subjects: Italian food, travel, art and culture.
At Drupalcon Prague an underlying theme was very clear. Drupalers are expanding their concerns to issues beyond just worrying about how to keep sites up and running or how to properly build views or layout pages. An increasing number are turning their focus on how best to take advantage of all these wonderful CMS tools we create to deliver tangible results (and not just a site). A key component of delivering results is, of course, defining a site's content strategy and, as such, I was particularly pleased to see content strategy related BOFs and sessions at Drupalcon Prague.
I had the delightful task at work of determining the visibility of a view (in a node variant) based on the value of a boolean field. But it got better! Said boolean field was not on the node that was being viewed, it was on a node that referenced the node being viewed. But wait! It gets better! The referenced node was an organic group, and those references work differently then a usual entity reference! Confused yet? The actual purpose of the exercise was to allow a content manager to control the widget without having to touch the actual panel variant.
After almost 22 months since our initial commit on the Rooms project we are happy to announce a 1.0 release! We are really proud of this release as it brings together a rich set of features built on a flexible core that can grow and improve over time.
We’ve been keeping busy since our last update on Rooms! We’ve just released Rooms RC2 and are readying for a V 1.0 release before we meet up for DrupalCon in Portland.
Please download and test, as we will not be adding any new features for 1.0, just cleaning up and fixing bugs. We’re very close!
For a recently launched Bluespark project that uses Drupal Commerce to support the sale to tickets to events we needed to implement a new payment method as no solution was readily available.
Drupal Commerce not only makes this possible, but it enables it in a way that makes good use of standard Drupal APIs, concepts and it plugs nicely into Rules, which Drupal Commerce uses extensively.
It is about time we updated everyone on what is going on with Rooms, our Drupal-based hotel booking solution. Development started more than a year ago and interest in the module just keeps growing, even though progress was made in relatively unpredictable spurts as we tried to juggle working on a product alongside consulting work.
Recently, I decided to take my transition from end user to Drupal professional even further by heading into the lion’s mouth and becoming a contributor. I first began working with Drupal as an end user, I was e-commerce manager for a brand whose website ran on Drupal 6. At the time, I didn’t know much about Drupal, only how to use it in my day to day tasks. I also didn’t know much about open source solutions and the communities that contribute to them. Fast forward a few years, and I find myself immersed in Drupal.
In keeping with our attention to detail, we wished to streamline the administrative experience on the Coyote Point home page. Using the nodequeue module allowed us to provide a simple drag and drop interface for selecting and ordering slideshow items and call to action panes. However, the workflow felt clunky, as with so many things created with the powerful but sometimes disjointed "There's a module for that" approach.